Serve this show-stopping trifle as your new go-to Christmas dessert.
1½ (300g each) Trifle Sponge Cakes
1 pack (80g) lemon flavoured jelly
¾ tub (375g) Vanilla Flavoured Custard
1 pack (80g) strawberry flavoured jelly
1 tub (125g) Raspberries
1 punnet (125g) Strawberries
½ punnet Cling Peaches
1 cup cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
1. Line the inside of a 20cm round springform cake tin well with plastic wrap.
2. Slice the sponge into 1.5cm thick slices. Use the cake slices to line the bottom and sides of the cake tin, ensuring that there are no gaps in-between slices.
Press down firmly so that an even layer of cake is formed around the base and sides of the tin.
3. In a large heat-proof mixing bowl, add the lemon jelly powder along with ¾ cup of boiling water. Stir until dissolved then add ¾ cup of cold water and mix well. Allow cooling to room temperature.
4. Pour the cooled lemon jelly into the custard, stirring until combined. Pour the jelly-custard mixture over the cake in the cake tin and refrigerate until the custard has just set about 1 hour.
5. Prepare the strawberry flavoured jelly by combining the jelly powder with ¾ cup of boiling water and stirring to dissolve. Stir in ¾ cup of cold water and stir. Allow cooling.
6. In the meantime, prepare the fruit. Remove the stems and leaves of the strawberries and cut them into quarters. Remove the stone from the peaches and cut them into thin slices. Keep the raspberries whole.
7. Gently pour the strawberry jelly over the set custard layer and arrange the fruit into the jelly, setting some berries aside to garnish.
8. Refrigerate the trifle cake overnight to set.
9. Add the cream to a large mixing bowl and beat until medium peaks form about 5 minutes. Mix in the icing sugar until well combined.
10. Carefully transfer the cake to a cake stand. Spoon the whipped cream onto the set jelly layer and sprinkle with the remaining berries to garnish.
In Other News – Date and Banana Smoothie Recipe
Start the day off right with an energy-packed banana, date and peanut butter smoothie.
Recipe Ingredients – learn more