Elevate the humble spud to haute cuisine with the addition of some sour cream and savoury goodness.
4 potatoes, washed
1 TBSP olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ cup butter, cubed
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
200g mushrooms, sliced and fried
4 slices streaky bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 TBSP parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 180 ° c.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil. Use your clean hands to make sure every potato is covered well.
- Sprinkle salt over the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the skin is crispy and browned.
- Take the potatoes out and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a crispy shell.
- In a large bowl mix together the potato flesh, butter, sour cream, cheese, mushrooms and bacon.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells and place it back into the roasting tray.
- Bake in the oven for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
In Other News – Fruit Trifle Cake Recipe
Serve this show-stopping trifle as your new go-to Christmas dessert.
1½ (300g each) Trifle Sponge Cakes
1 pack (80g) lemon flavoured jelly
¾ tub (375g) Vanilla Flavoured Custard
1 pack (80g) strawberry flavoured jelly