Eggplant Parmesan recipe. This easy eggplant Parmesan recipe has layers of crispy, breaded eggplant slices that have been baked, instead of fried. The combination of crunchy bread crumbs, tomato sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese is guaranteed to please!
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 1 hrs
* 3 large eggplants, peeled and thinly sliced
* 2 large eggs, beaten
* 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
* 6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
* 1 (16-ounce) package of mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
* ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
* ½ teaspoon dried basil
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
– Dip eggplant slices in beaten egg, then in bread crumbs to coat. Place a single layer on a baking sheet.
– Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Flip and bake for 5 more minutes.
– Spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining sauce, eggplant, and cheese, ending with a cheese layer. Sprinkle basil on top.
– Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
source – cooking365coza