There’s nothing better than a fresh boerie roll unless it’s a fresh boerie roll slathered with homemade tomato relish!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 10 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons, chutney
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onions and fry until soft and caramelised.
- Pour in the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Then add the chutney, vinegar, sugar and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Season well with salt & pepper,
- Cook on low heat, with the pot lid, on, for at least 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Finish off with fresh parsley and stir well.
source – cooking365coza