Super greens soup recipe. Serve up a wholesome helping of this super green high-protein soup. Jam-packed with zesty freshness from edamame, peas, garlic, lemon and roasted macadamia nuts, this soup is vegan, low cal and gluten-free!
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 brown onion, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
* 50g quinoa, rinsed, drained
* 2 Massel Salt-Reduced Vegetable Stock Cubes
* 350g broccoli, cut into florets
* 300g (2 cups) frozen peas, plus extra, blanched, to serve
* 200g podded frozen edamame, plus extra, blanched, to serve
* 80g baby spinach
* 45g (1⁄4 cup) toasted macadamia, chopped
* Chopped fresh chives, to serve
3 Method / Steps
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and lemon rind. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the quinoa and 500ml (2 cups) water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the quinoa is almost tender.
Dissolve the stock cubes in 500ml (2 cups) water and bring to the boil. Add the broccoli and peas. Simmer, partially covered with a lid, for 5-10 minutes or until broccoli is just tender. Add the edamame and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir through spinach. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
In batches, place the soup mixture in a blender and blend until thick and smooth. Divide the soup among serving bowls. Scatter over the macadamia, extra peas and edamame, and chives. Season and serve.
source – cooking365coza