Perfect fondant potatoes recipe. Slow-roasted in butter and stock, these potatoes look fancy but are actually incredibly easy to cook.
* 6 large red-skinned potatoes, peeled (see note)
* 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 65g butter, chopped
* 3 large sprigs fresh rosemary
* 4 sprigs fresh thyme
* 4 garlic cloves, peeled, bruised
* 1 1/2 cups Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
* Extra fresh rosemary, to serve
* Extra fresh thyme, to serve
4 Method / Steps
Trim ends of potatoes to make each potato the same length. Cut in half crossways.
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large oven-proof frying pan. Cook potato for 8 to 10 minutes each side, or until well-browned.
Add butter, rosemary, thyme and garlic to pan. Cook for 1 minute or until butter is foamy. Add stock. Season well with salt and pepper. Transfer pan to oven.
Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until potato is tender. Sprinkle with extra fresh rosemary and thyme. Serve.
source – cooking365coza