Mexican Quesadilla Casserole recipe. This is so easy and yummy!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Additional Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
* cooking spray
* 1 pound ground beef
* ½ cup chopped onion
* 1 (15-ounce) can of tomato sauce
* 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 (14.5 ounces) can of diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro
* 1 (8.75 ounces) can of whole kernel sweet corn, drained
* 1 (4.5 ounces) can be chopped green chiles, drained
* 2 teaspoons chilli powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* ½ teaspoon dried oregano
* ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 6 flour tortillas
* 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
– Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot skillet until beef is completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
– Stir tomato sauce, black beans, diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro, corn, and chopped green chiles into the ground beef mixture; season with chilli powder, cumin, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low and cook mixture at a simmer for 5 minutes.
– Spread about 1/2 cup beef mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish; top with 3 tortillas, overlapping as needed. Spread another 1/2 cup of beef mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle 1 cup of Cheddar cheese over the beef. Finish with layers of remaining tortillas, beef mixture, and Cheddar cheese, respectively.
– Bake in preheated oven until heated throughout and the cheese is melted about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
source – cooking365coza