Topped with pesto and oozy bocconcini, have this budget-friendly pasta bake on the table in 30. The morsels of eggplant and zucchini soak up the garlicky tomato sauce as it cooks, creating this deliciously easy, cheesy pasta bake.
* 200g dried fusilli pasta
* 60ml (1 ⁄4 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
* 200g eggplant, coarsely chopped
* 2 zucchini, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
* 1 red capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
* 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
* 420g bottle Saclà Whole Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce Roasted Garlic
* 5 bocconcini, halved
* 75g (1 ⁄4 cup) bought basil pesto
3 Method / Steps
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, zucchini, capsicum and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for15 minutes or until very soft and beginning to turn golden. Add the pasta sauce and 125ml (1 ⁄2 cup) water. Use a spoon to remove whole cherry tomatoes and set them aside. Bring sauce to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickens slightly. Season well.
Preheat the grill to high. Add pasta to the mixture. Toss until well combined. Top with bocconcini and reserved cherry tomatoes. Grill for 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts. Combine pesto and a little extra oil in a small bowl until a thin consistency. Drizzle over the pasta and bake to serve.
source – cooking365coza