A family in Nakuru is in distress after their kin, a Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) warden, went missing under unclear circumstances.
Francis Oyaro, 45, has been missing for close to a month now.
The last time his wife Veronicah Osore spoke to Oyaro was on August 28. He was heading home from his work station at Marsabit National Park.
She said her efforts to trace her husband through his colleagues and the police have failed. They fear something may bad may have happened to him.
He left in the morning and around 1pm, he called to inform me he was approaching Nanyuki. I expected him home around 6pm. However, he did not show up,” said the 35-year-old Osore. The couple has two children.
By 8pm, Osore said, her husband who was attached to KWS’s intelligence unit had not arrived home and did not call her. She called him back but the call did not go through.
“His phone had been switched off. I thought may it had run out of charge or the network. I later called some of his relatives and they said they had not seen him or heard from him.
Two days later and Oyaro had not shown up. His phone was still off. Ms Osore said she called her husband’s workstation.
“His immediate boss, who identified himself as Mr Kitavi Kaloki, was surprised. He said he did not understand why he had not arrived home days later. He said my husband had asked to be away for a few days a request he had been granted. Kaloki said my husband was expected to return to work on September 6,” said Ms Osore.
She said Kaloki informed her that Oyaro had hiked a lift on a KWS vehicle. Other than the driver, the vehicle is said to have had two of his female colleagues. They were to drop Oyaro in Nanyuki.
“The other occupants of the vehicle are said to have arrived in Nairobi safely. They claim Oyaro alighted from the vehicle in Nanyuki but we are not sure about that. And while they knew my husband never got home, none of them tried to reach us,” said a distressed Osore.
In other news – IEBC to roll out voter registration targeting unregistered voters
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) will on 4th October roll out Enhanced Continuous Voter.
Registration (ECVR) targeting Ksh 6 million unregistered voters especially youth 18 years and above in possession of identification cards. Learn more